Step B: Sanitize to Kill Bacteria
This is a step you don’t want to miss when keeping your pool primed for good times in the sun.
- Kills bacteria
- Contains biguanide — the key ingredient that makes this program so different than chlorine-based sanitizers
- Will not degrade in sunlight
1/2 gallon per 10,000 gallons of water to get a content of 50 ppm.
1 pt per 10,000 gallons of water to raise level by 10 ppm.
Freshly Filled and Dechlorinated Pools – Start-Up With Softswim B:
- If the pool water contains algae or is hazy, consult the “The Pool Care Guide for SoftSwim.” available at your BioGuard Authorized Dealer.
- Backwash or clean pool filter. Check pool pH.; adjust to 7.2-7.8 if necessary.
- Add SoftSwim B to give a content of 50 ppm (1/2 gallon product/10,000 gallons of pool water).
- After 24 hours, check pH and SoftSwim B concentration with a test kit and adjust if necessary.
- Every week, check SoftSwim B concentrated and pH.
- Maintain SoftSwim B concentrated at about 50 ppm. If concentration falls 10 ppm or more, add a top-up dose.