Step A: Prevent Algae Growth
Using an effective algaecide is an important first step in your pool care regimen for inhibiting and controlling the growth of algae.
- Add it to your pool every two weeks to keep algae in check.
- Withstands evaporation from direct sunlight
- Works harder at high temperatures
- Supports the effectiveness of other SoftSwim products when used on a regular basis
32 fl oz per 25,000 gallons of water.
1 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water per week, or 2 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water every 2 weeks.
- Ensure all pool equipment is working properly. Backwash the filter system following manufacturers directions.
- Adjust pH to between 7.2.-7.6.
- Check for metals and if present add a stain and scale inhibitor to prevent staining of pool surface due to metals.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering the pool.
- For Initial Application or When Pool Water is Changed: pour 32 oz. directly into pool per 25,000 gallons of water.
- For Routine Maintenance Dose: For weekly application intervals, use 1 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water. For 2-week application intervals, use 2 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water every other week. Following heavy rain showers, add an additional 1 oz per 5,000 gallons.