Protect and maintain your pool
From filter, tile and surface cleaners to pool cover cleaner and preservative – keep your pool environment new and inviting! Having a regular cleaning schedule will help to keep you on track and increase the lifetime of your pool and pool equipment.
Does cleaning my filter really make that much of a difference?
Yes! Having a clean filter makes a significant impact on the quality of your pool’s water. A clean filter allows for proper filtration which is essential to achieving and maintaining safe, crystal clear water.
Non-Back-Washable D.E. & Cartridge Filters:
- Turn pump off and rinse off loose dirt from filter elements.
- Apply product by spraying directly onto filter elements. If needed, lightly brush heavy grease spots.
- Let wet filter elements sit for 5-10 minutes. For heavily soiled filters, allow elements to sit for 1 hour.
- Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
- Reassemble filter and resume normal operation.
As an alternative soak filter elements overnight into a solution of 32 oz. of this product added to 5 gallons of water. Allow to soak overnight. Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
Sand Filter & Some D.E. Filters:
Twice each pool season, mid-summer, and in the fall, clean the pool filter as follows: Backwash filter thoroughly. Turn pump off. Chlorine must be removed from the skimmer basket prior to addition of this product. Automatic feeder should be turned off prior to any addition of this product. Pour entire bottle of this product into skimmer. Turn pump on until pump primes and product moves into filter. Leave filter selector in backwash position or in closed position. Wait one hour. Turn pump on with selector in backwash position, until backwash water is clear.