Prevent algae before it becomes an issue
The addition of algicide is needed for proper pool maintenance. Sanitizers or shock/oxidizers alone may not keep algae at bay and this step is needed to keep your pool completely clear of any growth. This is the third part of the BioGuard 3-Step Pool Care System.
1 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water per week, or 2 fl oz per 5,0000 gallons of water every 2 weeks.
32 fl oz per 25,000 gallons of water.
4 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water for every week unattended.
- Ensure all pool equipment is working properly.
- Adjust the pH to between 7.2-7.6.
- Adjust chlorine residual to 1-3 ppm. In a chlorinated pool.
- Add stabilizer to establish a minimum stabilizer level of 30-40 ppm to reduce the damaging effects of sunlight upon the chlorine residual
- Check for metals and if present, add a stain and scale inhibitor to prevent staining of pool surface due to metals.
- Check chlorine residual and adjust to 1-3 ppm. When using other products as outlined in directions for this product.
Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Initial Application or When Pool Water is Changed:
Pour 32 oz. directly into pool per 25,000 gallons of water.
For weekly application intervals, use 1 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water. For two week application intervals, use 2 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water every other week.
Following heavy rain showers, add an additional 1 oz. per 5,000 gallons.
Add 4 oz. of this product per 5,000 gallons for every week unattended. Pour product around the edges of the shallow end of the pool if shock is also being applied in the deep end of the pool.