BioGuard Algae Complete is a highly effective fast acting swimming pool algae destroyer. Algae Complete kills all types of swimming pool algae including black, green and mustard algae. Algae Complete is formulated to complement most swimming pool sanitizers. Effective and non-staining when used as directed. When used as directed you will see results in 24 hours. Non-foaming and can be used in swimming pools with attached spas or jetting returns.
Prevent algae before it becomes an issue
The addition of algicide is needed for proper pool maintenance. Sanitizers or shock/oxidizers alone may not keep algae at bay and this step is needed to keep your pool completely clear of any growth. This is the third part of the BioGuard 3-Step Pool Care System.
Do all algicides kill algae?
Not all algicides are alike, only algicides that have been approved by the EPA for killing algae actually perform. All BioGuard products have been thoroughly reviewed and proven effective. Various kinds of algae may require different treatments to ensure they are eliminated.
Initially, apply 8 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
Thereafter, for weekly application add 1-1/2 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals add 3 ounces per 10,000 gallons of water every other week.
Visible Algae Dosage
Add 16 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water
Prior To Application
- Ensure all equipment is working properly. If necessary clean the filter system.
- Adjust pH between 7.2-7.6
- Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels. In chlorine-treated pools, add stabilizer to establish a minimum level of 30-40 ppm of cyanic acid to reduce the degrading effects of sunlight on chlorine residual.
- Vacuum leaves and any other foreign debris from pool.
- Brush visible algae thoroughly from the pool’s surface with a surface-compatible brush.
To Prevent Pool Algae
- Initially, apply 8 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Thereafter, for weekly application add 1-1/2 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals add 3 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week. Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing or partial drain/refill.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Treatment Of Visible Pool Algae
- Apply a BioGuard oxidizer per label directions.
- Allow to circulate for 1 hour.
- With pump and filter operating, apply 16 fluid ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water directly to the pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth.
- Continuously circulate pool water for 24 hours.
- The next day, thoroughly brush pool surfaces.
- Prior to re-entry, test chlorine level. Do not enter pool until chlorine level is between 1-4 ppm.
- In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days.